Italy, France, United Arab Emirates, and finally United States – Locky travels around the world to visit the biggest global trade shows and technology events. And it is appreciated!
Oh, I’m sorry it was so quiet here lately, but Locky turned out to be an unbelievable attention seeker and I had to take it all over the world to gather interest and compliments from hundreds of people. And it is still not enough for Locky…
So, The Locky World Tour began in the very picturesque Bologna and it was delicious! 😉 In the middle of October, we took part in SAIE Bologna 2018 – a TREMENDOUS trade show which focused on innovative technologies and sustainable building and was visited by staggering 40 000 people! We were there along with 450 other companies. Locky was a good boi and made a great appearance, see for yourself:
But Bologna wasn’t enough for Locky, so in November I took it for a cutesy, romantic, but not too intimate, rendezvous in Paris (pardon my French). There were thousands of people on EquipBaie 2018 – an event for installation, glass-working, metalworking, and doors and windows industries. We displayed the best of our product alongside 400 international exhibitors, and Locky turned out to be really popular! But before I got my head around that, I already had to start planning the next trip, so I will gladly remind myself what Paris was like…
A few days later, 26th -29th of November, we hit Dubai to join The Big 5 – the largest construction event in the Middle East. And it was wild! Countless thousands of visitors, 2500 exhibitors, and over 30 country pavilions in the spectacular space of Dubai Word Trade Centre, which covers an area the size of 16 football fields! It really blew my mind, take a brief look:
And the best thing about all these trade shows? There were thousands of companies and start-ups with their innovative products, and yet Locky got more attention and amazing feedback than I could have possibly dreamt of! This is what I learnt about Locky:
- Locky draws some big fishes. The ones most interested in our product were… distributors and businessmen! I won’t complain about that. 😉
- Innovation paid off. Everyone was particularly intrigued and appreciative of our completely out of the box thinking about smart doors. I mean our focus on the key instead of the lock. It’s fresh, it’s beneficial, it’s much simpler and…
- Simplicity is the key to brilliance! Almost everyone praised Locky’s simplicity and it filled me with joy because we’d worked really hard to keep the lowest entry threshold possible. We even decided to boldly redesign the whole Locky – but this is a story for another time.
- Locky is the one and only. While partaking in the trade shows, we also visited other stands, searching specifically for smart door products. And, except for an army of smart locks, our longest-distance-cousins, there was no other device quite like Locky! Among thousands of products, I found Locky’s uniqueness – isn’t it beautiful? 😉
- Minimalism makes life easier. Genuine advice: if you’re developing a product – keep it small, because there are thousands of kilometers, and dozens of journeys and trade shows waiting for you! Oh man, thank god I’m not selling cars. 😀
Now it’s time to cross the Atlantic to see our friends in America. Since Locky is a star now, we’re hitting Vegas! We are signed up for the International Builders’ Show, taking place in Las Vegas Convention Center from the 19th to 21st of February. It would be awesome to meet you there! If you’ll happen to be anywhere around, please feel invited to visit us, chat a little, and, above all, meet our little celebrity. I hope to see you!